Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Divas night in.



Darlings,

As the Summer draws to an end and we start to gear up for Fall, I figured I would share some of my favorite Diva things to do to unwind and embrace your inner bombshell!  I love doing this when I have the house to myself and can just savor a nice luxurious moment.  First and foremost, invest in a Kimono, they have them dirt cheap at Ragstock stores around the USA and they make you look sexy as hell.  Next brew some high quality tea,right now I am in love with London's Cuppa.  As a famous bombshell once said " take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves "  I am a firm belaver in this, in fact it's one of my mantras to live by.  Now that you have your tea, pop on some classical/opera/jazz/blues music and just take a moment to appreciate it's beauty.  Now comes the fun part!  Bubble bath time!  Now I think that bubble baths are as important as root touch ups and massages, so I want to tell you my glam bath secrets.  First you never want your water too hot, it will dry out your skin.  We are going to take a clue from Cleopatra and add a modern twist to it.  She was famed for her milk baths that kept her skin smooth, the reason that is?  Lactic acid in milk is a natural exfoliator   I like to add pure organic Moroccan oil to about a 1/3 cup of milk while adding it to the water with bubble bath.  Soak for a few minutes and then it's time for an old school scrub down.  I am coveting Avon's ice cream scrubs, they smell divine without being too harsh on the skin, if you don't have that on hand go with good old fashioned brown sugar.  Then you get the aha from the sugar itself with the manual scrubbing to boot.  Soap up and by now the water is probably lost its heat, so now we go old school Hollywood.  While still in the tub, drain the water and then rinse off in the shower.  When your done with that put body oil on the skin while it is still warm and seal that moisture in.  I try to do this at least once a week, it lifts my spirits and makes me feel amazing.  I highly recommend this ritual before a big event, you will be glowing and feeling so fabulous you will steal the show.  Now I am off to practice what I preach with a long relaxing bath, a nice cup of tea and a good book.  Enjoy this helpful hint on how to be glamorous, there will be more to come!

XoXo,

Mitchy

No comments:

Post a Comment